Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dubai Museum

We took Nanny, Grandad and Nicola for a brunch on Friday and then decided it was best to get an early night before we did some sight seeing in Old Dubai on Saturday. I loved the Dubai museum and I think my Daddy and Grandad enjoyed it there too. They liked to read all about the history of where we are living where as I was fascinated by the models, televisions, camels and sand! Mummy really loved walking through a mock up of an Old Dubai Souk as she said it reminded her of Aladdin- silly old Mummy! The museum was located in Al Fahidi Fort which is more than 200 years old and is the oldest building still standing in Dubai now.

Outside an old Dubai house with Mummy

After running around the museum, we looked around the fabric souk and then headed to the creek marina for a walk. It was warm yesterday and reached 27 degrees. I decided that the marina walk was going to be boring so I went to sleep in my pushchair! We took a look at the dhows, floating restaurants and water taxi's and the marina there is much busier than the little one behind our home. It did get too hot to stay out- Mummy, Nanny and Aunty Nicola all had red chests by the end of the day! We decided to head to our Marina Mall for lunch and so that Nanny could get some food from Waitrose to take back to their apartment.

The Creek Marina with Nanny & Grandad (the sun was too bright to look at the camera!)

We went swimming at the hotel pool in the afternoon but the water was very cold and so we couldn't stay there too long! I showed Nanny and Nicola how I can swim without any help from Mummy now though. I think they were impressed! We had dinner at the hotel before Mummy, Daddy and I came home to sleep.

Today, Daddy had to go to Abu Dhabi for the morning as he has a meeting there. Nanny, Grandad and Nicola are going to use the metro to come and see Mummy and I this morning. I'm not sure what we'll do but I hope it involves some swimming and food! We are considering taking them to Global Village this evening as there is a fun fair, shops, food and fireworks. I'm really looking forward to it! I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I got up early this morning as I'm very excite about having visitors to stay! So I should probably have a little nap before we go out!

Lots of love

Ella xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment