Monday, November 21, 2011

Measles

So Nanny and Grandads visit didn't go quite as planned due to a mild case of the measles as a result of the MMR jab last week. Mummy noticed some little spots on my belly on Thursday morning but didn't think too much of it as she said I was looking fine and I did feel fine. We took Nanny & Grandad to the pool for an hour and then they went for a walk along the beach whilst Mummy did my dinner. By Thursday night a couple more had appeared but again I still seemed ok just a bit clingy with Mummy. Friday morning, more spots appeared and my temperature was very high. I slept quite badly Thursday night so went back to sleep for a good few hours in the morning.

We took Nanny & Grandad for a brunch at the Movenpick hotel near where we live. It was a lot of fun. Everyone was able to eat and drink as much as they possibly could for 4 hours (Grandad was the winner on both accounts). There was a children's play area that I spent some time in colouring and playing but I started to feel unwell and decided to have a sleep in my pushchair for another hour.

Barney joined us for brunch

After brunch, Daddy had to leave us and fly to Saudi which was very sad. Nanny & Grandad stayed with us for a little bit longer before they went back to their hotel. Mummy and I were up 3 times during the night. I felt very poorly and was very very hot. She gave me lots of cuddles and calpol which helped a little bit. I wasn't feeling any better on Sunday, if anything it was the worst day. Nanny & Grandad came over late morning and I had been in bed until 11am catching up on sleep. We went for lunch along The Walk but I didn't want to eat anything. Mummy went and got some formula milk which I haven't had in a very long time, but I really liked it. She said she was worried that I wasn't eating and at least the milk would be a little supplement.

After lunch we went to the Mall of the Emirates so that I could show Nanny & Grandad what I would like for Christmas. They were very very generous and bought me a keyboard with a microphone and stool (it's bigger than the one I currently have and love), a toy car garage and a new dolly. Mummy has to send them to Father Christmas so that he can put them with all of my other presents ready to be delivered on Christmas Eve. I cannot wait! Mummy and Daddy were very grateful to my grandparents and are pleased that I was able to have some of the things I particularly want. Plus it means we won't have too much to bring back with us when we go to the UK next week. I had to leave some of my birthday presents at Nanny & Grandads last summer as they were too big or heavy to bring home.

I played a little bit with my grandparents back at home but I still felt terrible and just wanted to watch Barney and drink milk. Everyone had dinner but I still didn't feel like eating. That evening we had to say goodbye to Nanny & Grandad as they were getting a flight home very early the next morning. It wasn't so sad to say bye this time as we knew we would be seeing them again 13 days later! I'm very excited that we are going to visit them so soon. Hopefully I won't be poorly and we will have more fun!

Yesterday we stayed in for most of the day as I was still unwell and feeling miserable. In the afternoon, Mummy took me for a ride on the metro as it always cheers me up. We stopped at the Ibn Battuta Mall for lunch and Mummy bought me a travel sized Etcha Sketcha that I can take on the plane next week. I love it and play with it a lot. We didn't stay out long as I was very tired and just wanted to be cuddled. I slept really well last night though. I went to bed at 7:30pm and didn't wake once until 8am. Mummy was really happy that I was on the mend as she has been very very worried.

Today I felt well enough to have dinner at Adriana's house. We stayed for a very long time and played together. Our favourite game is jumping on the furniture and just generally getting up to mischief. We have a great time together. Adriana's daddy is also on business in Saudi with mine. I am having dinner with he again tomorrow, I can't wait! It's getting very late here in Dubai so I best get off to bed. I hope you all had lovely weekends.

Lots of love

Ella Bella (and the measles) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment