Friday, June 24, 2011

Keeping Busy

Our friends start leaving Dubai for the summer next week and so we have been doing lots of fun things to keep busy until they go. We spent Monday at the Favourite Things in the Marina Mall. I really enjoy playing there with Amelie and Cora. The ball pit has a slide that I like going down and there are lots of toys to play with! There is also a tunnel and I love going through tunnels now, I wish we had one at home! Cora's mummy took lots of photos of us having fun in the play area. We had lunch in the food court afterwards which is always good fun but I got over excited and threw most of my food on to the floor which Mummy was cross about, oops!


Mummy took me swimming on Tuesday as it was very hot again. We couldn't stay outside too long even though we were in the shade! There isn't much we can do outside as Mummy worries I will get sun burn. Wednesday we went to the Oasis centre soft play like we have done every week recently. I really enjoy it there too but this week, they must have put more balls in the ball pit and being so small meant I kept sinking under them. I didn't like it too much! I got to play on the slide and the train though so didn't mind too much about the balls! 

We went to the Mall of Emirates for lunch and Mummy was trying to get me to go to sleep as I had been awake since 9:30am after my morning nap! I refused, being in the mall is too exciting for sleep! I had my feet measured for proper shoes and am now a size 4E (I have narrow feet so finding shoes is hard!) I don't really need shoes here as it is very warm and Mummy was advised not to be putting shoes on me until I can walk properly, but after seeing how upset shoes make my friend Cora because she has never worn them (and needs them now that she can walk like a big girl), Mummy decided I should have some too. We didn't manage to get any in the MoE so are going to other places today to look. They only seem to do pink or purple shoes for girls here! We stayed there until 4:45pm and I eventually had a half hour nap on the way home from the metro station at 5pm. Mummy was not impressed! 

On Thursday Mummy invited lots of our friends over to play in the afternoon. I had so much fun trying to keep up with the older children! I also kept getting told off for fighting with Iskander (he took a toy off me first!). Our Mummies keep telling us to be gentle and share but we are not too sure what that means?!  The Mummies and children were here between 2 and 5:15pm so I was yawning away by the time they left. Mummy gave me dinner and a bath before Daddy came home to play. I also spoke to my Aunties on Skype which was exciting. By 7pm I was fast asleep in bed. What a brilliant week I have had! 

Today is the weekend. Daddy is having a long sleep this morning so Mummy and I are watching Fimbles and having breakfast. We are going shopping soon and I have been promised a trip to the pool after lunch so I can't wait! I hope you all have a lovely weekend too.

Miss you lots,

Ella xx

2 comments:

  1. Glad you and mummy and daddy are having lots of fun in Dubai. We are thinking of you in Australia with all the koalas and kangaroos! Keep the stories and pictures coming, you are getting so big and starting to look rather professional on those little legs of yours. Soon you will be up on them walking about and mummy will be very tired!! Be a good girl, love you loads and loads, Aunty Caz and Uncle Mitch xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aunty Caz and Uncle Mitch! We love it here but are looking forward to going home for the summer next month. I was sad when Mummy told me I wouldn't see you there this time, but she said next year we are all going to Thailand for your very very special day! I can't wait, I get to help Mummy buy a party dress for me again! I asked Mummy if we could also come to visit you and the Kangaroos and Koalas (we don't have those here!) and she said maybe the year after Thailand! Yay! I'm getting better at walking but can't let go of anything yet, I fall down! We have been trying to buy me shoes but I can't get my size here so have to wait until we go home. I hope you are both well and you are enjoying wedding planning as much as me and mummy did! I miss you lots and lots, Mummy and Daddy miss you too. Lots of love and kisses xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete