Monday, December 24, 2012

Our First Week as a Family of Four

Mummy and Michael came home on Wednesday and I will admit, I was a little shocked that she actually brought the baby back with her. I do like him a lot though even though he doesn't do much! I give him lots of cuddles and kisses and when he cries I shout to Mummy that he needs milk. Mummy says I am a wonderful and really helpful big sister. I was also a little upset at Mummy for leaving me at home whilst she was in hospital with Michael. There have been lots of tears and I've had quite a few tantrums this week but things are getting better. I'm slowly forgiving my Mummy for leaving me.

See sleepy all the time! 

My brother is a really good baby, we often forget he is here until he makes a noise for his milk. Mummy and I can still play and spend lots of time together. It has helped having Daddy working from home so he can help us with Michael when we need him to. Jack and Charlie's mummy and daddy came to visit on Thursday evening when I was in bed. I heard them arrive though and made my escape from the bedroom to say hello! Mummy was having her first glass of champagne since we were in Thailand last April. She looked very happy, I  however was not impressed to be refused the special drink by everyone! I was given a big sister present though which I was really pleased with. It was a book about teddy bears and I love it!

On Friday we had our first outing to the Marina Mall. We went for lunch with Adriana's family and then the men walked back home to pick up the cars whilst us girls (and Michael) went shopping. Adriana's big sister Angela took us both on the train in the mall too which was great fun. So much fun in fact that I refused to get off it. By the time Daddy came to pick us up, I'd had enough of shopping so was shouting to get out of the pushchair and Michael was screaming for milk. Mummy looked a bit frazzled and was clearly very pleased that Daddy had arrived! I decided I should behave next time we go shopping, I don't like upsetting my parents.

We had a quiet day on Saturday as we were all very tired. In the afternoon, Mummy and I went out to the shop together so that I could chose a present from my nanny and grandad. They knew how much I wanted a scooter so I picked out a pink one. Mummy said I have to wait until Christmas Day to have it though. It's now only a day away so i don't mind too much! I can't wait for my grandparents to get here on Friday so they can take me out on it!

Mummy, Michael and I did our last Christmas shopping yesterday. I sat nicely in the pushchair and played on the iPad like I promised I would. Michael just slept as usual! As a reward, we met Daddy at a cafe after we had finished and I had some carrot cake! I slept when we came home and then Mummy and I went for a walk. We bumped into Father Christmas outside a little supermarket! I was so excited that I ran over to say hello. He gave me a cake bar too- I was expecting another toy but I'll let him off. The cake was good.

It's Christmas Eve today and we have spent the morning watching The Snowman during breakfast! I'm so excited that Father Christmas is coming tonight and so far I have been on my best behaviour! Daddy has to 'pop out' this afternoon- I told him to do the Christmas shopping weeks ago! Mummy has already had her present from Daddy as he bought her a lovely new bag to keep all of mine and Michaels' things in when we go out. She was very excited by it for some reason- Mummy likes bags the way I like toys! Whilst Daddy is out, Mummy is taking Michael and I to soft play. I want to take him on the trampoline but Mummy said he's a bit to small yet...

I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas and gets lots of lovely presents (remember to be good today!)

Lots of love

Ella Bella (AKA Big Sister)

1 comment: