Thursday, December 20, 2012

Introducing my Baby Brother

Well we have had a busy couple of weeks and I've not had chance to write on my blog- I hope you haven't missed me too much! I finished nursery last week for Christmas and the whole week was spent doing lots of festive activities. Mummy and Daddy came to watch my Christmas concert but I got upset when I wasn't allowed to go and see them so my teacher called Mummy up on to the stage to sing with me. I'm not sure she was impressed as no other parents had to go up. I thought it was great fun though!

On Friday I went to a Christmas party with Jack and Charlie and Father Christmas arrived! He handed out presents to all of us, it was wonderful! I was so excited when he walked in to the room, I gave him a big hug and followed him around. Mummy and Daddy laughed when I spanked his bottom with a balloon because he bent down in front of me to talk to another child. I think he thought it was funny too! I hope he did or I might not get that bike next week...

On Saturday Mummy went to her doctors appointment and had a bit of a shock when her consultant told her that baby was making his way out. She arranged for Mummy to go back on Wednesday to check progress so we went on with our day as planned. I got dragged around Ikea, I didn't like it there until Mummy gave me chocolate! The evening was better as we had dinner at Adriana's house. It was about 7pm when Mummy said she was starting to get cramps in her back and tummy. Daddy started to time them and everyone seemed very excited when they realised they were regular. Mummy decided we should go home and get some sleep just in case but she told Daddy she didn't think much was happening.

The following morning, I took my little case and went to Adriana's house to play. Mummy and Daddy left to see the doctor and they didn't come back. Mummy was in labour and decided to go to the hospital and get ready for our baby to arrive. I was a little bit excited but I missed my parents as they had to spend the night away from me. I had a slumber party with Adriana and her mummy though! Just after 1am, Mummy text Adriana's mummy to tell her that my brother had arrived at 1:07am- he really took his time! Mummy was very tired but she said that it went really well (mostly)! Daddy decided on his name after he was born- my parents could not make a decision at all before this! My baby brother is called Michael Terence James White after our Grandfathers and Uncle James. He is really tiny and weighed just 6lbs 8oz when he was born. I love him and love to cuddle and kiss him. I think he likes me too as he doesn't cry when I go near him! The only thing I don't like is him crying at night as he keeps waking me up! I feel sorry for my Mummy and Daddy as he is sleeping in their room. I think we should make him sleep on the balcony so we don't get disturbed...

Being a big sister is great fun. I have had lots of presents and people keep making a fuss of me. Michael is mostly a good little brother but Mummy says in a few months he will be even better as he will start to interact more with us. I hope it's not too long before we can play together! Then I can start blaming him for all the mischief I get up to...




No comments:

Post a Comment