Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Trip to Doha

Mummy, Daddy and I flew to Doha in Qatar on Monday. Daddy had to work there on Tuesday so thought it would be a good idea for us to go with him and spend some time with my Nannies lovely friend Janis. I was very excited at the airport, there is so much space for me to run around and Mummy told Daddy that I should be allowed to run about so that I will be tired on the plane. I think she was hoping for a quiet plane journey...

The plane we went on was much smaller than the ones we fly on to and from the UK. The lady in Dubai gave us an extra seat just for me and sat us at the front of the plane so that we had extra leg space (aka Ella's play space). I loved looking out of the window but after 20 minutes of sitting still, I got quite bored. Daddy put Baby Einstein on for me to watch though and by the time it had finished we were almost landing in Doha. It only takes 45 minutes to get there but we spent 2 hours at Dubai airport, an hour and 10 minutes on the plane and another hour at Doha airport so it was a long and tiring journey for all of us.

We stayed at the Movenpick Towers hotel and they gave us a free upgrade so we had a great big room for me to run around in! I had my own cot but chose to sleep in Mummy and Daddies great big bed for most of the night. I have a cold which kept waking me up and that made me very grumpy. It made Daddy really grumpy too!


We had breakfast together before Daddy had to go to his meetings and I got a lot of fuss from the waiting staff. I ate lots of fruit and pastries, it was lovely. Once Daddy had left, Mummy took me up to the recreation floor of the hotel where she had discovered a play room. There were no other children there so I had it al to myself! I loved it in there but after half an hour I started falling over and bumping into things so Mummy decided it was time for me to sleep!


I made up for the lack of sleep by sleeping in my pushchair whilst Mummy wandered around the hotel. When I woke up, we were at the Four Seasons Hotel and Janis was with us! She and Mummy chatted lots over coffee and minty drinks whilst I ate, played, laughed and coloured in my books. We were able to sit outside by the hotel's pol and beach area as it was a very warm but not too hot day in Doha. It was a little more humid than it is in Dubai but we are so lucky to have such great weather at this time of year. Mummy says it's usually freezing at home now and everyone is wearing jumpers, hats and scarves!

Daddy came back just in time for us to have lunch at our hotel and said there was time for me to go back to the play room before we had to go to the airport. At 3pm the hotels driver took us to the airport so we could check in. This time the flight was full but we had 2 seats in the front together so there was extra leg space. I was too tired to play too much and happily watched Baby Einstein whilst eating my dinner. Before I knew it we were back in Dubai and I was feeling very tired. I must have fallen asleep in the car on the way home as I woke up in my cot at 6:45am this morning!

Mummy and I went out for breakfast this morning and a man told her he thought I looked like a boy. Mummy was most upset by the comment so told him off. I didn't care much, I thought he looked like a fish! I made sure I made a mess for him to clean up too! Mummy didn't even attempt to pick up the crumbs or yoghurt that I threw hahahahaha!!


I'm struggling to sleep at the moment as my cold is blocking my nose and now I have a cough. Mummy is rubbing Vicks on my chest which smells funny but is helping! We have had a lazy day watching Barney and playing with my toys. Mummy has just made dinner ready for this evening and I am getting tired so it's time for my nap. Tomorrow I have my Boogie Babies class! I can't wait. Mummies friend Richard is coming to stay too. He'll be here until Monday. We are going for a brunch this weekend which should be lots of fun! I'll not be back on here for a while as I'll be busy entertaining Rich no doubt but I'll be back next week with an update!

I hope you are all having a nice week.

Lots of love

Tinkerbella xx

No comments:

Post a Comment