Sunday, September 4, 2011

And We Are Back!

Our last week in lichfield flew by! We had lots of people to see before we left and lots of things to do. My big cousin Ollie was 6 on Saturday and had a sports party which was great fun once the rain had stopped. I think he had a lovely time. I was suffering another tooth coming through so was sleepy for most of it! Mummy went out on the Saturday night with my friend's mummies and so she had a bit of a break from my crying and clinging to her. I was happy staying with Nanny & Grandad. Ron was there too as he and my Grandad were off sailing for a few days last week. Ron bought me a lovely cuddly Koala teddy! It has an australian flag scarf and a boomerang! I liked him a lot! His name is Blinky Bill.

On Sunday, my cousins, Elyse, Erin and Maisey cam to stay with Auntie Becci. We spent the afternoon at one of our favourite pubs having lunch but the weather was not too good so we had to go back to Auntie Becci's earlier than we had wanted to. Nanny Irene stayed with me at Nanny's house because Auntie Becci didn't have enough room for everyone at hers! We went to Drayton manor on the Monday together which was so much fun. I got to go on lots of rides in Thomas Land. I kept shouting Wee when my tummy went over. Mummy thought I was very funny. She made me hold her hand very tight, poor Mummy must have been scared!
Wee!
Mummy and I spent Tuesday shopping in town as we had to get some last minute bits for our trip home. I'm not too keen on shopping and I'm not sure that Mummy is when she is with me either. She bought some new shoes to wear back here that I love- I can't fit them on my feet no matter how much I try! She says that when I am older we might be able to share shoes then instead. I need bigger feet! We had a lovely visit from Mummies friend Auntie Sarah on Wednesday. It was lovely to see her and she is great as she likes playing with my toys with me. Mummy was very sad when she had to leave and so was I. We will get to play again in December though so that's not too far away!

On Thursday I was invited to a Pirate Party at Harry's house as he and Oscar both turned 1 last week. It was a brilliant party but Mummy kept telling me to stop opening cupboards and taking things off me that she thought I shouldn't have. I was a little bit naughty and screamed at her. She now calls me a diva! I just get very frustrated when I'm not allowed to do things. I went dressed as Tinkerbell. Mummy didn't want to dress me up as a pirate because she knew I wouldn't wear a hat or an eye patch so it wasn't worth the fight haha! I made a lovely Tinkerbell! Mummy was sad to say bye to our friends when we left the party. It will be a few months before we see them again. At least we had a lovely time there to remember!
Mummy packed Thursday night and was worried about all of our stuff being too heavy! Luckily Grandad weighed it on Friday before we left and it was 28kg- phew! She even managed to get most of my toys in too! It was mostly the clothes that I had causing the problem, no way I was leaving any behind unless they didn't fit though! We spent Friday with Auntie Becci after poor Mummy had been back to the dentist for more work- she has had lots of trouble since I broke her tooth. Luckily Nanny was there to help me look after her though! Nanny woke up with a sickness bug on Friday which was not ideal on our last day- poor Nanny! It was best though that we stayed out of the house as much as possible so that I didn't catch it! We had a picnic in the park and Charlie and I played on the swings. Ollie pushed me so high, I loved it but Mummy and Auntie Becci told him to stop and looked very scared. Spoil Sports, we were having a great time! ara and Aoife joined us later on in the afternoon but we  didn't get to see them for long as Nanny phoned with some bad news that her brother in law had passed away that afternoon. It was very unexpected and very sad. Nanny & Grandad are there with the family this weekend.
Saying bye to my Auntie Becci and cousins was very hard. I made sure I gave Charlie a kiss as he and I are buddies now! I have loved spending time with all of them. Auntie Becci spoils me rotten, Ollie is like a big brother, Charlie is my pal but Jake is still unsure of me! I think I scare him. Uncle Tommy thinks I'm loud, I think he is too! He did a monkey impression and made me cry! It hurt my ears! I already miss them lots and lots!
  Grandad got home in time to take us to the airport that afternoon. We had dinner at Frankie & Bennys before we had to go through security. I liked being able to play with Grandad there as he had been away for so long. I missed him lots! After giving cuddles and kisses, it was time to say bye to Nanny & Grandad. Mummy was very brave and didn't cry until we got through to the bag checking area. A nice lady came and looked after us, she helped Mummy with me and the pushchair and didn't tell Mummy off or charge her a £1 when she saw that we hadn't put my creams into a plastic bag- oops! Mummy and I set off the alarm again too. I found it very funny! Once we were through, we looked at toys in Duty Free and then Mummy and I were allowed to sit in an Audi R8 that was on show there! It was great fun but the man wouldn't let me in on my own so we couldn't take a picture! Daddy was jealous!
Waiting to board the plane with Teddington

We were first to board the plan and were sat right at the front. I had my own big girl chair and after an hour I fell asleep until a couple of hours before we landed. It was a little bit uncomfortable. Mummy didn't sleep at all so was very tired. We watched Beauty & the Beast for a bit in the morning together. I loved it! I thought Chip was very funny!
Daddy was very kind and arranged for a Meet & Greet at the airport as Mummy struggles with all the luggage and me! A man came up to us with a huge bouquet of flowers for Mummy. They were off Daddy! She went very red but I could see she was very pleased and impressed with them. My Daddy is good at surprising Mummy! We went through to get our bags and Daddy was waiting outside for us. I was very happy to see him, so was Mummy. 
Lucky Mummy!
Once we got home, we had a few hours sleep and then got up and dressed ready for Lily's party. I had lots of fun there but became a little overwhelmed by it all as I was still very tired. I had to have another nap when we got home before dinner. After dinner, I showed Daddy how clever I am at getting around and took my first steps on my own for him. I'm a bit wobbly and my feet move faster than I want them too! It was scary but I'll keep at it so I can run around with my friends here! That'll keep Mummy extra busy! 

Well I'm tired, I slept until 7:30am this morning but need to catch up some more! I hope you are all well. I enjoyed seeing so many of you this summer and will look forward to seeing as many of you as we can in December. In the mean time, I'll keep you up to date with what I am up to on my blog and I'm sure Mummy will show me off on Facebook!

Thank you to my Nanny & Grandad for looking after me and my Mummy too. We miss you lots and lots today!

Lots of love

Tinkerbella xxx

2 comments:

  1. Ella, You sound like you have had such a fun Summer!!!! Hope you have a great time back at home playing with your new Dubai friends!!! Love the Croxalls xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you too. xx

    ReplyDelete