Monday, July 16, 2012

Summer Countdown

I hadn't realised that I've not blogged for almost two weeks! Mummy and I have been busy finding fun things to do and poor Daddy has been working away so much that we have not seen very much of him and when he is home, we just want to make the most of our time together. Poor Daddy is very busy at work right now, and Mummy says he will be until we come home to visit in four weeks time. So to pass the days, Mummy has taken me swimming, to soft play and we have had lots of friends over for play dates at our house. Lots of my friends have already left for the summer and more of them are starting to leave after next weekend! Luckily, Mummy has signed me up for summer camp from 29th July (my birthday!) so I'll have a few weeks with lots of planned activities and playtime. Lots of my nursery friends are going to be there so I can't wait to start!

Ramadan starts here on Saturday so summer camp is good timing as a lot of places are closed during the day. It's also very hot and unless we are going to the pool, it's not pleasant to be outside for more than a few minutes. We had forgotten how bad the summer is here! It's just as well there are plenty of things for us to do indoors! Daddy also booked our flights home last week so we will be coming over to the UK on Friday 17th July! I'm really looking forward to seeing my family and friends. I'm also really looking forward to seeing rain, I haven't seen any since we were in Thailand and I loved jumping in the puddles then! Mummy told me that there has been a lot of rain back home so I have plenty of puddle jumping days ahead! Mummy and I went shopping on Saturday for warmer clothes to take back but we really struggled! Everything here is designed for Dubai summers, not cold, wet ones! I think we will have to buy more clothes when we get home.

Daddy is travelling again this week, it's very quiet at home without him! He comes home soon though and we get a few days together before he has to travel again. It must be very tiring going on so many planes! Mummy and I are looking forward to coming back so that we can spend more time with Daddy! Mummy has made sure we have something to do every day this week- except yesterday as Mummy was poorly but I looked after her and made her feel much better! We are going to see my friends Dhani and Lila tis afternoon, tomorrow I am meeting Eleanor and Sky at soft play and on Wednesday I am going to play at Lily's house. Mummy has also promised to take me swimming this week again as I love it so much!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I promise to write more often and not neglect my page in future! I have to go now and get ready to go shopping- so boring!

Lots of love

Ella xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment