Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Feeling Festive

Living in a warm country does make it difficult to get into the Christmas spirit. We have put up our tree and decorated the apartment but somehow it doesn't feel as Christmassy as it did last week when we woke up to frost on the windows and freezing cold air! The shops and hotels here have their decorations up but we are yet to visit Father Christmas in a grotto- something Mummy is planning to do at the weekend once she finds where he is hiding! Today was supposed to be a festive day. I had my last class of Mini Miracles before we broke up for the Christmas break. We decorated a christmas bell with different coloured glitter that Mummy has hung on the tree and we listened and sang to Christmas songs. I had a wonderful morning and loved playing with my friends. It felt very Christmassy until we were back outside in the sunshine!



This afternoon I went to a Christmas party with my friend Eleanor. We got to sing more Christmas songs, decorate a Christmas tree and build a pretend snowman! After that, I decorated a Father Christmas for Daddy and again we felt very festive until we went back outside into the sunshine! Eleanor and I had a great time anyway. Our mummies went for a coffee afterwards and we got to eat lots of snacks! Eleanor is going to the UK on Sunday to  spend Christmas with her family. She's very lucky but I have warned her that she'll also be super cold!


On Thursday I have my last day of Boogie Babies and we are having a Christmas session so hopefully I'll get to feel Christmassy for half an hour then too! Mummy is planning to take me to see Father Christmas at the weekend and we have Christmas drinks with friends (she has promised there will be mince pies for me!). We also have to finish our food shopping next week ready for Christmas day so all of these things should help us get into the festive mood! Perhaps we can spend Christmas Day indoors with the air con turned on and wear our woolly jumpers?!

One thing is certain this year though, I won't be seeing any snow in Dubai!

Ella xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment